International customers: please see our International Shipping page for information on duties costs before ordering. Whyld River does not cover VAT, customs, duties, etc.
Whyld River's ultralight down sleeping bag offers an ultralight backpackable solution for your dog's comfort and warmth on the trail.
Temperature rating: 40 degrees Fahrenheit / 4.4 degrees Celsius
Material: 20 denier ripstop nylon
Insulation: Responsibly Sourced (RDS) Duck Down 700 fill power
This sleeping bag comes in 5 sizes:
- recommended for dogs less than 20 pounds/ 9.1 kg
- finished size 23in x 23in / 58.4cm x 58.4cm
- packed size: 6.5" long x 5.5" diameter / 15.2cm x 14cm
- compressed size: 2" long x 5" diameter / 5cm x 12.7cm
- total weight: 4.0oz / 112g
- fill weight: 1.5oz / 42.5g
- recommended for dogs 20-40 pounds/ 9.1-18.1 kg
- finished size 29in x 29in / 73.6cm x 73.6cm
- packed size : 7" long x 9" diameter / 17.8cm x 22.9cm
- compressed size: 3" long x 5" diameter / 7.6cm x 12.7cm
- total weight: 6.2oz / 175g
- fill weight: 2.3oz / 65.5g
- recommended for dogs 40-60 pounds/ 18.1-27.2 kg
- finished size 39in x 32in / 99cm x 81.3cm
- packed size : 7" long x 11" diameter / 17.8cm x 27.9cm
- compressed size: 5.5" long x 5.5" diameter / 14cm x 14cm
- total weight: 8.7oz / 247g
- fill weight: 3.5oz / 98g
- Large :
- recommended for dogs 60-80 pounds/ 27.2-36.3 kg
finished size 51in x 39in / 129.5cm x 99cm
- packed size : 8.5" long x 12" diameter / 21.6cm x 30.5cm
- compressed size: 6" long x 6" diameter / 15.2cm x 15.2cm
- total weight: 13.0oz / 369g
- fill weight: 5.4oz / 153g
- X-Large :
- recommended for dogs 80-100+ pounds/ 36.3 kg - 45.4kg+
finished size 61in x 45in / 154.9cm x 114.3cm
- packed size : 14" long x 11" diameter / 35.6cm x 27.9cm
- compressed size: 7" long x 7" diameter / 17.8cm x 17.8cm
- total weight: 17.3oz / 491g
- fill weight: 7.3oz / 208g
In this design we went as minimal as possible to reduce the weight as much as possible. The bag only has one opening where your pup can enter the bag. You can then use the drawstring with cordlock to close the bag. This makes it a cocoon of warmth where your pup can curl all the way inside the bag or you can leave it slightly open and they can stick a nose or a head or even a couple paws out to regulate their temperature.
There are loops all the way around the bag that secure it to the inside of our original sleep system. This brings the original sleep system down to 15 degrees if the UL bag is used inside as a liner.
The loops can also be used to secure the sleeping bag to the ground to keep the bag in place. As we did not include a pad sleeve to save weight on this bag, the loops could also be used to secure a sleeping pad beneath the bag.
Giving Back: for every 10 sleeping bags we sell we donate 1 to Portland Animal Welfare Team in Portland, OR.
The Portland Animal Welfare Team (or "PAW Team" for short) does important work by offering free veterinary care, medicine, supplies, and food to the pets of people who are experiencing extreme poverty or homelessness.
A part of each dollar you spend with Whyld River will go toward helping PAW Team to offer these services. So far we have donated over $2,000 to PAW Team and multiple sleeping bags, which have kept pups warm through winter and brought in even more money at auction. As we grow we will continue to be offer more aid to dogs in need, thanks to your support.
Follow PAW Team on Instagram: